Friday, December 21, 2007

Eating Habits and the Holidays

As I look at the plate of cookies and two doughnuts on my desk, and think about the three packages of truffles at home (all of which are gracious holiday gifts, and I am very appreciative), I can't help but consider how much weight I will add to my frame over the holidays. We all hear about weight gain during this time of year as we celebrate and indulge with our family and friends. Keep in mind that having your weight continually yo-yo is not healthy. During your teen years, develop some healthy habits that you can carry with you into adulthood.

Here are some resources:
Kids Health - Healthy Eating
Ask the Dietitian
Make Healthy Eating a Habit
Caring for Kids - Promoting Healthy Eating Habits
WebMD - Children's Health
Readers Digest - Healthy Eating Habits for Kids
Healthy Holiday Eating Habits

No comments: