Thursday, September 11, 2008

Tip of the Day - balancing friends and schoolwork

The grading period interim is here. Are your grades where they should be? where you want them to be? where your parents expect them to be? Many times the first grading period takes some adjusting. New year. New classes. New friends.

Are your friends getting in the way of your academics? Take a step back and see. Am I spending enough time studying? How long am I on My Space or Facebook every night? What are my goals for the future? Do I need to slow down on my social life?

Just because you aren't focusing on being social doesn't mean you can't be social. Form a study group - you get to spend time with friends, but you are also hitting the books.

A Study Group lets you:
  • be social
  • learn with -and sometimes from - others
  • have time to clarify your questions from people who speak your language
  • have fun while learning
Need help forming a group? Talk to your teacher or come down to the office and talk to me.

No comments: